Buttermilk Soup or Kadhi
Write a review
- 1 Cup Plain Yogurt
- 3 Cups Water
- 3 Table spoon Gram Dal Flour
- 2 Teaspoon Ghee
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 1 Teaspoon Mustard Seeds
- 5 Curry Leaves
- 2-3 Garlic Chopped
- 2-3 Green or Red Chilies
- Cilantro Chopped
- 2 Pinch of Turmeric
- 2 Pinch of Asafoetida (Hing)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Sugar
- Salt as required
- Beat the curd and then add water, gram dal flour, and salt and mix it well.
- Melt the ghee in the hot pan on low fire.
- Add garlic, cumin seeds, mustard seeds, chilies, curry leaves, hing, turmeric, and sugar.
- Then add the above curd mixture in the pan and add salt as required.
- Stir it continuously, so that it won't stick to the bottom.
- Once it starts getting thick, take it out from fire.
- Depending on how thick you want the kadhi, keep on stirring.
- Serve the kadhi with chopped cilantro.
- Good for Vata and Pitta, Increases Kapha
Welcome to Ayurved Sadhana Vidyalaya... http://ayurvedsadhana.com/