Aushadh Kriya: Ayurvedic Herbal Preparations, is a lost art to many, but is still vital in parts of India and slowly finding its way to the west. Understand the historical development of Aushadhkriya through the ancient texts and learn how to make traditional Ayurvedic herbal preparations including chyavanprash with herbs available in the west.
This course covers 45-50 important herbal preparations for personal, family and client use. Elegantly compares traditional Ayurvedic formulations with modern pharmacological approaches. In this 5 day hands-on course you will learn:
- Traditional methods of collecting, preparing, and purifying common plants and mineral substances.
- How to assess Ayurvedic herbs and mineral quality
- How to determine correct dosage.
- Different types of preparations of Ayurvedic medicines and when to use them, including: churna (powder), vati (pills), kalka (paste), swaras (fresh juice), kashaya (decoction), cough syrups, and other medicines
- How different preparation methods can increase the effectiveness of herbs in different tissues and render selected minerals safe for use.
Note: If a student is enrolled in the Ayurvedic Practitioner or Advanced Ayurvedic Practitioner Program, the tuition fee for this class is included.
Dates: Classes starting Friday September 14th, 2018, through Tuesday September 18th, 2018, 10:00 am – 6:30 pm MT.
Please check the calendar for details and dates: http://ayurvedsadhana.com/events
- Fri, Sept 14, 10:00 am – 6:30 pm MT
- Sat, Sept 15, 10:00 am – 6:30 pm MT
- Sun, Sept 16, 10:00 am – 6:30 pm MT
- Mon, Sept 17, 10:00 am – 6:30 pm MT
- Tues, Sept 18, 10:00 am – 6:30 pm MT
Assignments Due Date: Friday, October 12, 2018.
Instructor: Dr. Bharat Vaidya and Anupama Vaidya
Class Format: Live webinar or in-person Superior, Colorado near Boulder
Credits: 3 Credits
Text Book(s)/Notes: Students will receive PowerPoint notes prior to class