VBA315: Aushadh Kriya: Ayurvedic Herbal Preparations, is a lost art to many, but is still vital in parts of India and slowly finding its way to the west. Understand the historical development of Aushadhkriya through the ancient texts and learn how to make traditional Ayurvedic herbal preparations including chyavanprash with herbs available in the west.
This course covers 38-40 important herbal preparations for personal, family and client use. Elegantly compares traditional Ayurvedic formulations with modern pharmacological approaches. In this 4 day hands-on course you will learn:
- Traditional methods of collecting, preparing, and purifying common plants and mineral substances.
- How to assess Ayurvedic herbs and mineral quality
- How to determine correct dosage.
- Different types of preparations of Ayurvedic medicines and when to use them, including: churna (powder), vati (pills), kalka (paste), swaras (fresh juice), kashaya (decoction), cough syrups, and other medicines
- How different preparation methods can increase the effectiveness of herbs in different tissues and render selected minerals safe for use.
Fri, Feb 17, 10:30 am – 6 pm
Sat, Feb 18, 10:30 am – 6 pm
Sun, Feb 19, 10:30 am – 6 pm
Mon, Feb 20, 10:30 am – 6 pm
Price: $650:00 includes meals, herbs, supplies and class notes
Learning format: This is a hands-on class taught in gurukula style (small class interaction). Clear Power point slides and notes are included along with herbal materials for preparations. Cost includes meals,handouts and supplies. Course notes are detailed and clear.