Write a review
- 1.5 Cups Basmati Rice
- 1.5 Cups Yellow Moong Dal
- 3-4 Cups Water
- 3 Table Spoons Ghee
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 5 Bay Leaves
- 1 Teaspoon Dhana-Jira (Cumin - Corriandar) Powder
- 4 Pinch of Turmeric
- 3 Pinch of Asafoetida (Hing)
- Salt as required
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garam Masala
- 1 Inch fresh Ginger chopped
- 1 Teaspoon Fenugreek (Methi) seeds
- Can add whole spices such as Cinnamon, Cloves, Black Pepper, etc.
- Mix dry rice and dal. Wash it under water.
- Let it soak in water for 15-30 minutes.
- On slow gas/fire, in heavy pan or pressure cooker, put ghee and let it melt.
- Add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, bay leaves, Fenugreek seeds, and chopped fresh Ginger.
- As the seeds pop up, add hing, turmeric. Stir well.
- Then add cumin and coriandar powder. Add garam masala.
- Add soaked rice and dal in it. Then add salt as required. Put water and stir it well.
- Then pressure cook it with 4-5 steam pressures.
- Take it out from stove and let it stand for 15-30 minutes.
- Then open it and serve it with raita or ghee.
- Good for all seasons, but in moderation in Spring weather. Good for Vata and Pitta. Increases Kapha little bit. Use less rice and more lentils for Kapha body type. Watery type is good for digestion and recovering from fever.
Welcome to Ayurved Sadhana Vidyalaya... https://ayurvedsadhana.com/